Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our experience at the Everybody Plays photo shoot

You guys might remember in October I shared that our little Finny girl was chosen in a casting call to have her photo taken by "thee" Kelle Hampton for a new campaign for Infantino. The campaign is called "Everybody Plays" and it's a simply wonderful initiative to have babies and children of all colors and abilities represented and celebrated in their marketing.





I have to say, I thought that it was a nice idea from the moment I read about it, but it was really amazing to see it in action once we were on "set." The photo shoot was held at a private residence in San Diego. The staff could not have been more nice or more welcoming. I am seriously an even bigger fan of Infantino products now that I have met the incredibly sweet and sincere people behind the brand. And it was something else to see so many babies playing together and interacting... different shades and abilities... each shining in their own way... parents visiting and proud of their little ones. It was really a neat day.



Finley was an angel. We got there super early and were even invited to eat lunch with the staff (seriously, they were really nice, I'm tellin' ya), and she was all smiles and being her happy self. As we waited for her "call time" I knew that sister had to be getting tired. And sure enough after I changed her into her outifit for pictures, girlfriend put that little thumb in her mouth and was out like a light.

So I offered to let someone else go before us and let her sleep for a bit.



When she woke up about 20 minutes later it was her turn. After a last minute costume change (geez, what a diva), we headed inside to have her photos taken. She was pretty straight-faced the whole time... not all the way awake from her nap and probably wondering who in the world all these people were, but I figure a serious baby post-nap is better than a cranky one without a nap. Yes? Yes. But seriously, she did great. Cute as can be.



And as for Kelle? She could not have been sweeter. She was super professional, but still so charasmatic with the kids. You can tell she has a serious heart for children and it shows in her work. It was such a pleasure to meet her after reading her blog for so long... I'm a fan, what can I say? (Kelle and I called each other that morning to see what we were going to wear... we wanted to be twinsies.)

Okay, so part 2 of this little story goes like this: it was a "wrap" on Finley, we were on our way out, and I said something like, "Hey, if you need an extra toddler for tomorrow's shoot, I have a super cute 2 year old at home (ha ha)." And then they said, "Really? Oh my gosh, yes, we need a 2 year old! Would you mind coming back tomorrow?"

Fast forward to the next morning: Here's Liam strapped in the car and watching Marmaduke on the way down to SD.




We were old pros this time around. Knew where we were going and knew everyone's name. It was a fast shoot. Liam was great. Our only hiccup was when it was time to change him into swim trunks for the water table pictures and he was not havin' it. It was a little chilly that day and brother thought I had lost my mind telling him that it was time to play in the water. But after seeing the other kiddos get in on the action, he warmed up to the idea.



It was a fun day, just me and my boy.



The house was GOOOOORGEOUS. Liam loved the elaborate Halloween decorations out front.




And since the shoot was so quick and we had a bit of a drive ahead of us, we made a stop at the playground where Mommy had a little photo shoot of her own...



My handsome little man.







Overall, it was a great experience. Something fun and unexpected. Met some really nice people and got to see how things like this go behind-the-scenes. Oh, and the first picture of one of my kiddos popped up on the Infantino homepage. So if you just happen to pop over to infantino.com you might see her sweet little face.




Photobucket

1 comment:

meg. @ hosannamade5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

I heart comments.